1. Govt Nursing College, SLBSGMCH is established in the year 2018.The College was inaugurated by honorable Chief Minister of H.P. Sh. Jai Ram Thakur. The First batch of Basic B.Sc Nursing programme (4years) with 40 students Commenced w.e.f. Oct 2018.There are total four batches now. The first batch will pass out this year 2022.
2. The college building is adequate, well established and well maintained. The principal’s office, Vice principals office, Faculty rooms, Common rooms all are adequate in size and well furnished. All the lecture theatres and laboratories are well equipped and well maintained. The library is having adequate no of books of all subjects with latest editions. There are online and offline accessibility of National and International Nursing Journals.
3. Profile of the Principal :- Dr Bandada is currently working as a Professor cum Principal at Government Nursing College. She is also appointed as Dean Faculty of Nursing Sciences , Atal Medical Education and Research University, Himachal Pradesh. She is MSc (N) PhD, MA )Pub. Admin. & English).She has completed her BSc(N) and MSc (N) from the National Institute of Nursing Education, PGIMER, Chandigarh, a Clinical Diploma in Palliative Care in 2009, and has completed her doctorate PhD (N) . She is having a huge teaching and administrative experience of more than 25 years. She has published numerous research papers in various National and International Journals of repute. She is member of several Nursing “Associations. She has also written A Textbook of Applied Nutrition and Dietetics for undergraduate Nursing students and A Text book Communicative English for B.Sc Nursing students
4. -Course:-Basic B.Sc.Nursing Programme -Seats: - There are 60 seats per batch -Eligibility:-Annexure I -Fee Structure:- Annexure II
5. Contact no :- Principal:9418321424,Office:- 01905-243959, 9805852848, 8350867060, 9459856406.
6. Result:-For this year result awaited for all three Batches i.e.B.Sc 1st year, Bsc 2nd year and B.Sc 3rd year.-for previous year B.Sc 1st year- 100%, - Bsc 2nd year 96%
7. Faculty details:-Annexure IIIAnnexure I
1. (i) Female Children of Bonafide Himachali/ Himachal Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government will only be eligible to apply for admission to 4 years B.Sc. Nursing Degree Course through Entrance Test to be conducted by H.P. University, Shimla in Sister Nivedita Govt. College of Nursing, IGMC, Shimla and Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges/Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh. (ii) For filling up of 50% Management Quota Seats in Private un-aided B.Sc. Nursing Colleges in State of Himachal Pradesh, there will be no requirement of being Himachali Bonafide. Under this quota, both Himachali and NonHimachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualifications and age criteria as prescribed in the prospectus. Note: The above candidates should be Indian National.
2. The age of the candidates should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31ST December, 2020 i.e. the candidate should be born between 01.01.1986 and 01.01.2004. However, upper age can be relax able by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates i.e. the candidate must born between 01.01.1981 and 01.01.2004. Age as recorded in the matriculation certificate will be entertained.
3. Admission to married candidates will be allowed subject to production of medical fitness certificate.
4. A candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from H.P. Board of School Education/AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or any other Board/University established by law in India in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually with 45% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination will be 40% instead of 45% as stated above. Provided further that English is a compulsory subject in 10+2 for being eligible for admission to B.Sc.(Nursing) course. The candidate should be medically fit.
5. The candidates who appeared in 10+2 examination and their result are not yet been declared may also apply for this test, but their admission will be made, if they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria as prescribed in the prospectus at the time of 1st round of counselling.
Note: (i) The candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination from National Institute of Open School or appeared in 10+2 examination Science (Medical) conducted by National Institute of Open School can also apply to this test. 10
(ii) The above qualifications will only determine the eligibility of a candidate for admission, but the actual basis of admission shall be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate(s) in the Entrance Test
(i) Migration: No migration shall be allowed to any student from one private Nursing College to another private Nursing College and to the Govt. Nursing College during the first year study of the course.
(ii) College Session: Academic Session 2020-21 will be started as per INC guidelines.
(iii) Vacations: 4 weeks vacation shall be given annually to the students.
(iv)Syllabus: The syllabus and course schedule for B.Sc. (Nursing) Degree shall be strictly as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and H.P. University, Shimla.
Are essential cookies that ensure that the website functions properly and that your preferences (e.g. language, region) are saved.
Allow us to analyse website use and to improve the visitor's experience.
Allow us to personalise your experience and to send you relevant content and offers, on this website and other websites.